Goat Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
♦ 1 1/2 pounds mini bell peppers (or a mix of mini bell peppers and jalapeños)
♦ 12 ounces garlic and herb seasoned chevre goat cheese
♦ 1 tablespoon honey
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Cut all the peppers in half lengthwise and remove any seeds. Lay them cut-side-up on the baking sheet. Spoon the seasoned goat cheese into the center of each pepper half.
3. Lightly drizzle the peppers with honey, and sprinkle with salt if desired. You can also garnish them with fresh herbs if you like, but it’s not necessary. Bake for 10 minutes, then serve warm.
Baked Ham and Cheese Rollups
♦ 1 ball pizza dough
♦ 8 oz. thinly sliced deli ham
♦ 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Press to form a 12 x 8-inch rectangle.
2. Arrange ham slices evenly over dough to within 1/2 inch of edges. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Starting at one of the short ends, roll up dough to form log. Pinch seam together to seal. Place, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet.
3. Bake for 50 minutes, or until deep golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into 8 slices with a serrated knife.
*Serve with mustard or horseradish sauce, if desired.
Cheddar Broccoli Egg Muffins
♦ 4 eggs
♦ 1 cup steamed broccoli (or frozen broccoli that’s been defrosted)
♦ 1/2 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
* Sea salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 tsp each)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 6 hole muffin tin with oil.
2. Chop broccoli and place it in a bowl with the eggs and sea salt + pepper if you desire those. Whisk together.
3. Pour egg mixture into muffin tins and divide cheese evenly among them.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
Cream Cheese Wonton Dip
♦ 1 package wonton skins (about 50)
♦ 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
♦ 2 cups sweet and sour sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400. Grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Fold each wonton skin in half so it forms a triangle, then place in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Either brush the tops of the wontons with olive oil, or spray with cooking spray. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned and crispy. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
3. Spread cream cheese in the bottom of a medium sized casserole dish (or two smaller ones). Top with sweet and sour sauce. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until dip is heated through. Serve with wonton chips and garnish with green onions if desired.
3–Ingredient Bean Dip
♦ 1 16oz can refried beans
♦ 16oz salsa
♦ 12oz mix of cheeses, grated
*Tortilla chips for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly spray 8×8-inch (20x20cm) baking pan with a cooking spray.
2. Layer the beans and salsa in the prepared baking dish. Spread the cheeses evenly on top. Bake it for about 25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and slightly brown. Top with fresh cilantro and serve warm with tortilla chips.