♦ 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, at room temperature ♦ 1 teaspoon baking soda
♦ 1 cup brown sugar ♦ ½ teaspoon salt
♦ ½ cup sugar ♦ 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
♦ 2 eggs ♦ 1 cup M & Ms, divided
♦ 2 teaspoons vanilla ♦ Tube of black frosting for spiderweb
♦ 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
1) Preheat oven to 375º. Line a 14 inch deep round pizza pan with parchment and grease entire pan including the paper. Set aside.
2) Cream the butter and sugars in a large bowl. Add eggs and mix to combine. Add vanilla and mix well. Add dry ingredients, and stir till incorporated. Mix in chocolate discs and ½ cup M & Ms, reserving ½ cup to garnish the top. Spread dough evenly in prepared pan. Use remaining M & Ms to decorate the top of the cookie cake.
3) Bake for 20-25 minutes. And reserved M & M’s to garnish. Cool and remove from pan if desired. Use icing to pipe on spiderweb design. Add plastic spiders for effect if desired, but remove before serving. Slice and serve.
♦ 4 and ½ tablespoons butter
♦ 1 bag of mini marshmallows (16 oz/1 lb/454 g size)
♦ 8 cups of Franken Berry cereal (it’s almost a full box (9.6 oz/272 g) size
1) Spray a 9 x 13 pan really well with non stick spray. If you don’t have non stick spray use butter or shortening and wipe it on the inside the pan. Set pan aside.
2) In a large saucepan, or pot, melt your butter over a low-ish heat. Toss in the marshmallows. Stir constantly till the marshmallows are melted and smooth. Now take it off the heat.
3) Add your snazzy Franken Berry cereal and stir.
4) Press into a 9 x 13 pan that has been sprayed well with non stick spray. One trick to press them down really well is to spray the back of a metal spoon with non stick spray then use that to press the krispies down.
5) Cut into squares.
6) Let them stand for like 15 to 30 minutes. ENJOY!
♦ Chocolate Cupcakes
♦ Chocolate Frosting
♦ Gummy Worms
♦ Spider Rings
1) Cook your chocolate cupcakes and allow them to cool completely.
2) Make your chocolate frosting and set aside.
3) Pulse your oreos into a fine crumb and put them in a medium sized bowl.
4) Frost your cupcakes.
5) Dip your frosted cupcakes into the oreo crumbs to completely the cupcake with your “dirt”.
6) Lay your gummy worms and your spiders on top of your dirt. And serve.
♦ 8 ounces softened cream cheese
♦ 1/3 cup sour cream
♦ 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
♦ 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
♦ 1 tsp hot sauce (optional)
♦ 6 string cheese, or one ball of string mozzarella
1) In a medium sized bowl, stir together cream cheese, sour cream, blue cheese, and shredded mozzarella, and optional hot sauce
2) Using your hands (wash them first), form the cheeseball into an oval shape
3) Use a butter knife to cut a 1/2 centimeter thick line down the center to form lobes of the brain. You can make the back of the ball a little wider to make it more “brain” like.
4) Take your string mozzarella, and press it into the cheeseball, forming squiggles across the top. If using string cheese, either cut in half so they do not stick out of the ball as far, or pull them into two even pieces.
5) Refrigerate for 15 minutes and serve with Wheat Thins
PIZZA MUMMY BRAID
♦ 1 (13.8-oz) tube Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust
♦ pizza sauce
♦ shredded mozzarella cheese
♦ sliced black olives
1) Spray a large cookie sheet or pizza pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Spread pizza crust out on cookie sheet. Pat down with fingers to make a large, even rectangle.
3) Take a pizza cutter or knife and cut about 2½ inch long, one inch wide strips on both sides of the dough, leaving about 4 inches in the middle for the filling.
4) Cut off the third strips on each side and discard. This will be where your mummy’s eyes go.
5) Spread pizza sauce, pepperoni and cheese (or whatever toppings you like!) down the middle strip.
6) Now it’s mummy wrapping time! Starting at the top, lay each flap left to right, over each other making them overlap or cross. Make sure to leave a little space where your eyes should go! Continue to overlap flaps until done.
7) Place a pepperoni and olive slice in area with no flaps, for the eyes. Bake in preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until pizza dough is golden brown and cooked through. Slice strips from bottom to top to serve. Enjoy!
FRANKENSTEIN RICE KRISPIES
♦ 3 tablespoons butter
♦ 10 ounces marshmallows
♦ 6 cups rice krispie cereal
♦ 10 drops yellow food coloring
♦ 10 drops blue food coloring
♦ Melted Chocolate/Candy Coating
♦ Candy Eyes
1) Melt the butter in a large pot and add the marshmallows. Stir until they are all melted! Add in the food coloring and stir until it turns green. Add rice krispie cereal a little bit at a time and stir to combine.
2) Press rice krispie cereal into a buttered 9 x 13 pan. Press flat and let cool.
3) Let rice krispie treats sit for about 30 minutes.Remove from pan and cut into squares.
4) Melt Chocolate according the package directions. Dip the tops of the Rice Krispie Treats into the melted chocolate. Lay on a sheet of wax paper (or a plate).
5) Use some of the melted chocolate and “glue” on the candy eyes.
6) Fill a ziplock bag with some of the melted chocolate, snip an end off and pipe a stitch mouth onto Frankenstein.
7) Let the Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats sit for about 20 minutes undisturbed or until the chocolate had hardened.